Monday, June 6, 2011

BABES.

Okay. Can we just talk about the lil babes of the day yesterday?

First, we pulled up to M.O.H.'s property in Haiti called Bearcy {where they have plans to build another school, another orphanage, an elderly home, a family missions resort, and an agricultural school... coool huh?!?} and were greeted by many children who proceeded to strip of their clothing and run and play in the ocean a few feet away.. as mostly boys tackled and swam, this CUTE little girl came up to me and asked to have her photo taken and I got my camera ready, but she wouldn't smile!... She had this serious pose that just came across as sad. I had to tickle her with one hand and snap a photo with my other and that resulted in this precious photo and a good lil chuckle for both of us.




Then, we went to a new village, called Leveque, that M.O.H. has started building since the earthquake that will house 500 families who survived the earthquake.{each family gets its own plot of land in order to grow food!} At this property the children SWARM!!!!... and we LOVE it! This precious lil babe ran up to me..  she ran up naked, smiling, and arms in the air! Of course, I picked her up... then realizing she is a baby... without a diaper... crap. (literally). I tried to put her down but she started crying and truth is she was just tooooo CUTE to not be held. So, I came to terms with the fact that I would have some poop on my shirt where I held her, but it was so worth it to snuggle with that precious babe!... seriously.... look at that FACE!




What a picture of Jesus and Me.. I am a mess, not as cute of a mess as the babe in the photo... but a real big mess... yet Jesus, (without reluctance) picks me up and holds me. He holds me in my mess. He enters my mess and makes it His. He is healing me from my mess through my mess.

Oh, how I am loved.

2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with YOU! You don't understand what joy fills my heart when I see your updates!! LOVE YOU JUHMAY! praying for you!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE hearing the Gospel poured out through your words! If we could only live out of the love our Father has for us....mess and all!
    I love you, Jamie.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete