Hello!
My name is Jaimie Pastori, and I've been hired with Reformed University Fellowship (RUF) to intern at the Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC for the next two years!
What is RUF?
RUF is on over 130 different campuses and is reaching students for Christ, and equipping them to serve.
What does that mean?
It means that RUF is a student organization that seeks to spread the gospel- the good news of Jesus Christ- first through ourselves and then through the campus by word, deed and lifestyle. RUF is for the "convinced" and the "unconvinced," the lost, the found, the burned, bored, cynical, and spiritual.
Why RUF?
My freshman year of college at the University of Central Florida, I was entering into the third largest school in the nation, wondering how I would survive four years on this campus. A couple older friends who had been at UCF for a few years introduced me to Ande Johnson, the RUF at UCF Campus Minister, and once I started attending large group that fall, I didn't stop through senior year. RUF has been a deep and rich community of fellow students and friends. RUF has cultivated an environment for students to be free to learn, laugh, cry, doubt, laugh some more, and enjoy our day to day lives, together while learning about the Gospel.
What does an intern with RUF do?
As an intern at Winthrop University it will be my job to love WU students in many ways.. by praying for them, studying the Bible with them, sitting with them when they're feeling overwhelmed by brokenness, and rejoicing in beautiful days. I will meet with the students one-on-one, I will help lead Bible Studies, and I will be assisting my Campus Minister. We will have a large group meeting every week. At that meeting, we will pray, sing and be taught by the word of God. These meetings are a safe and inviting environment for returning students to feel known and new comers seeking community! I will also be responsible for coordinating social events, 15 hrs a week of a Biblical study program, planning conferences and other ministry related tasks.
How can YOU help support my ministry?
Talk to me.
I have so many stories from my time in RUF. Stories of how God used RUF to change my life and how I've seen Him use RUF to reach other students for Christ. I would love to talk to you and tell you those stories or answer any questions you may have about RUF. We can meet for coffee, lunch, dinner, chat on the phone, via email, or written letters!
I would be so excited to connect in whatever way works best for you!
I will be in St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra, and Orlando this summer. Let's talk!
Jaimie Pastori 904-347-8154 Jaimie.Pastori@ruf.org
give.
RUF cannot continue without YOU.
In order to work with RUF at Winthrop, I will need to raise $32,401. That’s a lot of money and can be so overwhelming when I think about that number. I am asking for you to prayerfully consider financially supporting me in this mission. Because intern salaries and expenses are raised completely through financial gifts from individuals and churches, I need people like you to partner with me in my work with RUF. I must raise 85% of this ($27,541) before I move to campus in August. Whether you can come on board as a monthly/annually/etc. partner or a one time gift partner, your contribution is so appreciated and a huge blessing to me and the RUF at Winthrop University community!
(all gifts are tax deductible and RUF is a certified 501(c)(3)!)
Every gift counts, whether it be $1 or $1,000... It's a gift toward letting me be apart of bringing the Kingdom of God to college students and I am SO grateful!
or mail checks to: Reformed University Ministries
P.O. Box 890004
Charlotte, NC 28289-0004
PRAY.
First, I need your prayers for myself. I am so excited for this opportunity, but I am not blind to the fact that it will be hard! I am sure I will be lonely many times, and feeling useless walking around campus before I get to know students. And even before I get there, to raise all of my financial support, I am overwhelmed sometimes when I think about the next couple months. I hope you will pray for me to be encouraged and reminded that God has not dropped me and will not! He will raise these funds if I am truly being called to RUF at Winthrop.
Second, I would love for you to be praying for my new boss! Each RUF has a Campus Minister that has been to seminary and is Ordained in the PCA (Presbyterian Church of America) to minister to the students. My boss and his family are new to RUF this year and I got to meet them at our RUF orientation/training in Atlanta last week! Mark & His wife Katherine are wonderful and I am so excited to work for Mark and to get to know their family better. They have two children and one more on the way!
(Mark Ashbaugh (my new boss!), myself, and his wife Katherine!)
Also, I would love for you to pray with me for the campus of Winthrop University! The students, faculty, churches, and the surrounding community. Especially the incoming freshmen, preparing to leave home for the first time!
I will be sending out updates with specific prayer requests once I am there and get to know the students and campus better... I can't wait!
THANK YOU.
For reading this and any/all support. I am excited to share about my journey with RUF the next couple years!
(This is my group of 60 fellow 1st year interns! We are going all over the US to different RUF's and I am so thankful for their friendship and encouragement. All of us are fundraising this summer in hopes of moving in August!)
I am in the left side of the front row :)

We're so excited for you Jaimie! And we are definitely praying for you!!!
ReplyDelete