Hello Friends!
At this point I have made it to 3% of my budget being raised! Every step counts and I am so thankful for every supporter so far. I must make it to 85% in order to move to campus in August.
I have been asked to explain my fundraising needs to work with R.U.F. (Reformed University Fellowship www.ruf.org) and I figured I could explain it here!
I need to raise $32,401 for this next year, and to complete the next two years of the internship, I need to raise $64,802.
Yikes. That is a lot of money. However, I am trying to rest in the fact that God will get me there if He truly wants me to be at Winthrop with RUF.
This is R.U.F.'s views on support raising "We feel that support
raising is not only Biblical, but also a very healthy way to enable God’s
people to do ministry. Through the process you are not only asking people to
partner with you through financial support, but you are also seeking ministry partners
who will pray for you and who are available to talk when that kind of support
is needed. We are all part of a large Christian community, and your support
needs will come in a variety of forms.”
I need support partners of all kinds. And am grateful for the ways God is generous to His children through His people.
So far I have broken my budget down a couple different ways:
***(Also, know that if one of these specific ways of giving is not within your range, I would be SO grateful for ANY amount you choose to support me, there are NO restrictions!)
$32,401/year
($64,802/ two year commitment)
(givetoruf.org)
5 supporters at $200/month (or $2,400/year)
10 supporters at $100/month (or $1,200/year)
10 supporters at $50/month (or $600/year)
10 Supporters at $20/month (or $240/year)
1 supporter at $1/year ;)
With the above breakdown I would only need 36 people to partner with me.
OR
If you are thinking "UMMM, I can not give that much a month!
I have 50 envelopes numbered.
Would you consider picking a numbered envelope to fill each month? You would be responsible for filling the envelope with the corresponding dollar amount. For example, if you have envelope number 13 you commit to $13/month OR you can send a check with 13 x 12(or $156.00) for the year.
Would you consider picking a numbered envelope to fill each month? You would be responsible for filling the envelope with the corresponding dollar amount. For example, if you have envelope number 13 you commit to $13/month OR you can send a check with 13 x 12(or $156.00) for the year.
Which breaks down like this:
1 supporter at $1/month or $12/year
1 supporter at $2/month or $24/year
1 supporter at $3/month or $36/year
.... all the way to...
1 supporter at $49/month or
$588/year
1 supporter at $50/month or
$600/year
ALL 50 of these monthly supporters added together will total to $15,300 per year!
To meet my goal I will also need:
ALL 50 of these monthly supporters added together will total to $15,300 per year!
To meet my goal I will also need:
3 supporters at $200/month or $2,400/year
3 supporters at $100/month or $1,200/year
3 supporters to give a one time donation of $1,000
2 supporters to give a one time donation of $2,ooo
With this second breakdown I would need 61 people to partner with me... the more the merrier!
My budget of where all this money is being allotted is as follows:
Personal Expenses: 50%
Intern salary is determined by our standard base pay ($1,000 a month),
housing expenses, and student loans. Typical intern pay is $1,400 a month,
$16,800 a year. FICA taxes are budgeted for under personal expenses. It is the
responsibility of the intern to cover all their bills, including housing &
car insurance, through their monthly salary.
Benefits: 21%
RUF provides health, life, and workers comp insurance. Vision and dental
insurance is optional. Interns may opt out of RUF’s health coverage if they can
be covered under their parent’s health insurance.
General Administration: 14%
This amount covers costs incurred in the following areas:
• Support Services -- Maintaining financials, acknowledging and receipting
gifts, administering newsletter service, events coordination
• Area Assistance --
Supervision and oversight
Ministry Expenses: 15%
Expenses additional to those listed below may occur.
• Conferences -- Covers cost of travel and meals to and from regional and
national conferences
• Development -- Basic development materials, initial letters to
mailing list, ministry-wide mailings, newsletter printing and mailing, long-distance
calls for development, and certain travel involved in building and maintaining a
support base.
• Literature— Covers required readings for
Study Program.
• Moving Expenses – One-time reimbursement allotted to help cover moving expenses.
• Orientation—Covers lodging, travel,
meals, training materials, honorariums, other
associated training expenses.
• Phone -- Covers $80 of monthly phone bill.
• Miscellaneous -- Related costs for student events, student trips, unexpected reimbursements, etc.
• Training-- Covers lodging, travel, meals, training materials,
honorariums, and other associated training
expenses.
I've been working at different ways to break this down and I hope you will contact me with ANY questions about this. I would love to answer them!
I've been spending a LOT of time at coffee shops working on budget breakdowns, stories from my time in RUF, scheduling meetings, writing thank you notes, and so many other details that go ino support raising. Good thing I have my Taylor Swift notebook to keep me laughing.
Thank you!
Jaimie Pastori
(photo cred to my amazing friend Rebecca Wise, she so kindly took some pictures for my support letters! She is the best.)


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment